|Early Intervention EI (birth to 3 years)|
|PreSchool CPSE (3-5 years)|
|School Age Services CSE (5 years and older)|
|Private Consultation and Services|
|Request for Information|
COMMUNITY WORKSHOPS & TRAININGS
All About Kids offers a variety of special interest workshops and trainings that are available to small and large groups within the community throughout the year. We offer both free and fee-based programs.
is presenting an informational meeting for parents:"UNDERSTANDING THE TRANSITION FROM EARLY INTERVENTION TO PRESCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION"
Please choose one location from the following:
|Variety Child Learning Center||Freeport Memorial Library|
|47 Humphrey Dr.||144 West Merrick Road|
|Syosset, NY 11791||Freeport, NY 11520|
|Wednesday October 16, 2013||Tuesday October 29, 2013|
|7:00pm - 9:00pm||7:00pm 9:00pm|
|*Offered in English & Spanish||*Offered in English *|
Topics Will Include:
- Difference Between EI and CPSE
- Parent’s Role in the Transition Process
- Roles of CPSE Members
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- Program Services and Options
- Individual Education Program (IEP)
REGISTRATION REQUIRED By Friday October 11, 2013
Previously Held Community Workshops & Trainings
NEW LIVE & INTERACTIVE PRESCHOOL WEBINAR SERIES:
This training series is designed for the education and development of pre-school staff members. These are high quality workshops that are consist of evidence based interventions designed to assist the early care classroom. All trainings are presented by experienced, relevant, and qualified professionals. All Workshops are conducted from 3:30-4:30 PM.
Please click here to download brochure and registration form.
Register for any individual training, or for the whole series!
Registration Deadlines are 1 Week Prior to each training date listed below:
|LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBINAR SCHEDULE: 3:30-4:30 PM|
|1/25/2011||Workshop I- Arranging Your Classroom Environment to Promote Social skills, Learning, and Independence|
|2/9/2012||Workshop II- Promoting Positive Behaviors in the Classroom|
|2/17/2012||Workshop III- Teaching and Learning Through Routines and Transitions|
|3/5/2011||Workshop IV- What to Do When A Child Has Significant Challenging Behaviors in the Classroom|
|3/23/2012||Workshop V- Occupational Therapy (OT) and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA): working Together|
- Understanding the Special Education Process
- Red Flags in Development & Knowing When to Make a Referral
- Child Development: Ages and Stages
- Identification & Evaluation of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Applied Behavior Analysis and Autism
- Develop Effective Behavior Intervention Plans
- Functional Behavior Assessments
- Interpretation of Test Scores
- Effective Classroom Behavior Management
- Disabilities and Supported Inclusion
- Handwriting Skill Development for the Beginning Writer
- Self-Help Skills and Toileting
- Strategies for Facilitating Communication
Please email any inquiries and contact information.
*Workshop participants receive certificates of completion and some workshops offer Continuing Education Units and/or Continuing Maintenance Hours. Please see Continuing Education.